celebrity,sexy

Monday, July 30, 2007

Urvashi denied Casting couch


“I've never had to think about the casting couch.” Urvashi Sharma
Urvashi Sharma much like Preity Zinta, Amrita Rao and Shahid Kapoor is the newest entrant to step onto the Kumar and Ramesh Taurani launch pad to fame. Before films, Urvashi appeared in the advertisements of Ponds, Garnier and Globus thus making her a recognizable face. Much to our surprise, the actress clarified before the interview that she would only respond in Hindi so Indiatimes Movies brings you the translated interview.

Why did you avoid giving interviews before the release of Naqaab?
This was the company's idea; Tips Movies has a different way to promote each of their newcomers. They had a strategy for me, they called me the mystery woman since we were doing a suspense film.

Tips Movies had earlier launched Preity Zinta and Amrita Rao both of whom are from advertising backgrounds, you must feel very privileged?
I'm certainly glad to be with them, it's important to be with a good company. Tips Music had opened the door for Preity, Amrita and even Shahid Kapoor. I feel my association with them will bring me good fortune.

Did you always want to be a movie star?
Well yes, I always wanted to be an actor, but I wanted to start with modelling first to see how well I would do there.

You've got an 8 film contract with Tips, can you tell me about your future projects?
Oh no, it would be too early to start talking about that now.

Ramesh and Kumar Taurani are very overprotective of you, why is that?
They were not being overprotective of me, instead they were concerned about me. They wanted to make sure that I made the right step. I would say they cared about me and they wanted to ensure that I had a good journey.
Bobby Deol is said to be quite an introverted guy, did you both get along?
Oh we are both Punjabi - we are Punjab da puttars! Bobby has always been nice to me; in fact Akshaye has also helped me out. They didn't dismiss me just because I was a newcomer; in fact they were patient with me when I had to give retakes.

Do you think of advertising as a good platform for getting into acting?
It is definitely a way of getting into the film industry. I took up modelling and I saw it as a stepping stone for me to get into acting.

Have you ever encountered the casting couch?
I've always been with the right kind of people at the right time. I was first with Elite while I modelled and now I'm with Tips for acting. Both of them are very professional organisations. For a newcomer it's very important to keep good company, that's why being in this profession I've never had to think about the casting couch.

What do you think about girls like Mallika Sherawat, Rakhi Sawant and Sherlyn Chopra who use their sex appeal to propel themselves into the limelight?
Every actress should show their strongest asset whatever they feel it is, if wearing less clothes works for them then so be it. At the end of the day, it is their personal choice.

Would you ever consider stepping into their shoes?
I really just want to be known as a good actress whether I wear a burkha or less clothes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home