celebrity,sexy

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ramia Will Get Her Sexy Tag Too

“Like Riya, Raima’ll get her ‘sexy’ tag too”! – Moon Moon Sen

So what if she and her elder daughter Riya, are known for their sex appeal. Ironically, yesteryear actor Moon Moon Sen doesn’t think sex sells! In a candid chat with Indiatimes Movies, the actor says it like it is…

You were known for your ‘sexy’ image. Is Riya following into your footsteps?

Given today’s media hype like Riya, Raima will get her ‘sexy’ tag too! Besides, I don’t think my sexy image overshadowed my acting ability. Beauty and talent goes hand in hand in the industry.


So does sex sell?

No, I don’t think sex sells and never believed this even when I used to act.

Raima is doing well but Riya hasn’t got the scope of showcasing her talent as yet?

Raima is independent and headstrong while Riya is very confident but still a child of our family who needs to be pampered a lot. Overall, I am very proud of their work.


Have you or grandma (veteran actor) Suchitra Sen guided Riya or Raima as far as their career is concerned?
Suchitra Sen has been a great actor but don’t know about how much she inspires Riya or Raima. All I know is both of them never listen to me!

You are returning to films through ‘Bow Barracks Forever’ after a long time. Why?
Many offers have been coming my way but I have been rejecting them. I have worked for 22 years and done it all. Don’t want to take up anything, unless it is interesting. Bow Barracks Forever is a different film and Anjan Dutt, being a good director and a friend, I accepted his offer.


What is your role in the film?
I play an Anglo Indian woman who is unhappy with her husband, surroundings, etc. Since I’ve had Anglo Indian friends, teachers in the past, I was able to copy their accent, mannerisms perfectly.

Also since I am based in Calcutta, Anglo Indians are an integral part of our community there. They are very talented and happy go lucky people who are not overtly ambitious and they live for today.

Women you admire in the industry?
Shabana Azmi and Aparna Sen are extremely talented.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home